Amaryllis (Hippeastrum) Care
- Slant cut the stems and stand in fresh water. It is advisable to cut a small piece off the stems every two days to achieve maximum vase life.
- Moving the flowers into a different vase or replacing the water in the vase will not impair their vase life.
- Do not forget that the hollow stems of Hippeastrum are filled with water. Drain them above the vase when moving them.
- When using Hippeastrum at an angle it is advisable to push a stick into the stem to prevent it from bending. It would normally take 10 to 14 days before this occurred.
- Hippeastrum grows taller as the flower opens. Ensure there is plenty of space above the flower ( 20 cm) to accommodate this growth.
- Hippeastrum does not need cut flower food but can tolerate it.
- Remove dead blooms to maintain the ornamental value.
- When Hippeastrum has been standing in water the base of the stem will turn red and start to curl back. This has no ill effects on the flower’s ability to absorb water.
Fleur Hong Kong takes the privacy of our customers extremely serious.
Your privacy is so important that:
- All order information will not be divulged to third parties for marketing purposes.
- Fleur Hong Kong does not advertise customer's companies or testimonials.
- We never spam. All e-mail correspondances are strictly for processing your orders.
- Delivery crew of Fleur Hong Kong does not have sender information.
- Fleur Hong Kong customer representatives have been trained not to divulege personal information and order information via social engineering.